I cut these eggs on day 55 because I thought, for sure, they were ready to come out and the eggs were collapsing from all sides.
Looking back I know now I was impatient and should have waited. I cut all 9 eggs and they were way underdeveloped.
One never developed further and died and another crawled out of the egg yesterday and died (two weeks after I opened the eggs).
The rest have all emerged but one. That means I cut these eggs about two weeks early. I will never cut an egg before the 1st pipper ever again.
And below is a picture from this morning of the last little guy. I bet he’ll be out tonight.